DTE Maharashtra has emended changes in MHT CET 2018 to make the entrance competent enough and bring it to the level of other prominent entrances. The difficulty level of MHT CET is expected to be equal to JEE Main for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and NEET for Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
The changes are going to be implemented in 2018 for the first time. Therefore, unpredictability and nervousness among the candidates applying for MHT CET is high. The key changes are discussed below.
Class XI Syllabus Included
In a notification, DTE Maharashtra has declared that 20% questions in MHT CET will be asked from 11th standard syllabus while the remaining 80% will be taken from Class 12th syllabus. Each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for engineering courses and Physics, Chemistry and Biology for the health sciences, medical and pharmacy courses) will have 50 questions.
Each of these papers will pick 10 questions from 11th standard, and 30 questions from 12th standard. In total, 30 marks will be taken from syllabus of class 11th, and the remaining 120 marks would be taken from that of class 12th.
Earlier, the exam committee was considering only class 12th syllabus for setting the MHT CET exam papers for all candidates applying to various courses. This is the primary and major change that will surely boost up the level of MHT CET.
MHT CET Difficulty Level for Engineering Courses to be made at par JEE Main
The exam organizing committee disclosed that the idea behind inclusion of class 11th syllabus in MHT CET for engineering and technology courses (such as B.Tech. and B.Arch.) is to make it at par with JEE Main examination.
Making the difficulty level of MHT CET 2018 equivalent to JEE Main will surely boast its reputation but will also increase the level of competition, making it important for the candidates to prepare more sincerely and seriously for the exam.
MHT CET 2018 will be based on the syllabus set by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Maharashtra board. Keeping in mind the enhanced difficulty level, it is advised for candidates to work harder.
MHT CET Difficulty Level for Medical and Pharmacy Courses to be made at par NEET Main
Similarly, MHT CET exam for medical and pharmacy courses (such as B.Pharma. and D.Pharma.) will be made difficult to make it equivalent to NEET. Again, the syllabus will be based on the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Maharashtra board.
This change anyways enforces you to prepare at the JEE Main and NEET level, which in turn makes you compatible to appear for both JEE Main and NEET along with MHT CET. If you make sincere efforts, then with a little extra effort you might even crack JEE Main or NEET in 2018.
Proposal of Introducing Negative Marking
This is not declared yet, but has been proposed to introduce negative marking in MHT CET to match its criteria with JEE and NEET.
In both JEE and NEET, negative marking is applicable for wrong attempts. However, there is no provision for negative marking in MHT CET. The reason to introduce the same is again to bring MHT CET forward and make it as competent as JEE Main and NEET.
Exam Pattern to be More Intense
The paper pattern of MHT CET exams for both engineering and medical streams will be a bit more intense. To implement this, questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology will be a little trickier and application based. The trickier questions you practice with; the more you’ll be prepared for the entrance examination.
We’ve covered all the important changes suggested or declared for MHT CET 2018. As, the changes are likely to be implemented for the first time in 2018, it is important to consider all these points while preparing for the entrance. The primary advantage of advancement of MHT CET pattern is that you could now prepare for both JEE Main and MHT CET at the same level. This upgrade will surely be a win-win situation for every aspirant. All the best!